Just Like the Restaurant...Crab Rangoon
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 green onions, minced
3/4-1 cup crabmeat, picked
50 wonton wrappers
oil (for frying)
1) Cream the cheese, soy sauce, garlic powder, and green onions; stir in crab meat.
2) Place 1 teaspoon filling in just below the center of each won ton wrapper.
3) Roll up wrapper, leaving top half unrolled.
4) Moisten the right and left corners with water; bring them over the filling and press firmly to meal.
5) Fry a few at a time in oil heated to 375 degrees 2-3 mins., or until golden brown.
6) Drain on paper towel.
PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
3 tablespoons oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup water chestnut
2/3 cup mushroom
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4-5 leaves iceberg lettuce
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon hot mustard
2 teaspoons water
1-2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1) Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
2) Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
3) Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
4) Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
5) Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
6) Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
7) Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
8) Remove chicken for the pan and cool.
9) Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
10) As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
11) Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in small bowl.
12) When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
13) With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of oil.
14) Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
15) Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce "cups".
16) Top with "special sauce".